Our cadette troop is moving to a once a month meeting schedule to give parents and girls more flexibility with scheduling. We will meet once a month as a troop for Girl Scout Business and planning, and attend an event or activity once a month (camping, apple picking, etc). Our meeting location is the same as before.
- August 15th, 6:30-8pm
- September 12th, 6:30-8pm
- October 17th, 6:30-8pm
- November 14th, 6:30-8pm
- December 19th, 6:30-8pm
- January 16th, 6:30-8pm
- February 13th, 6:30-8pm
- March 13th, 6:30-8pm
- April 17th, 6:30-8pm
- May 15th, 6:30-8pm
Please let us know if you have any questions. If you are a parent of a girl looking for a troop, please email join at riverwoodgs dot org.
Troop 2776 needs school glue (Elmer’s preferred) for the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta STEM expo on October 29th. Our troop will be showing girls how to create a fun polymer (homemade silly putty) by experimenting with chemical properties.
We were told originally we would need enough for 500, now registrations are at approximately 1000 people! Help! Contact Leader Lee (troop2776 at gmail dot com) if you can help us out by donating your not so old glue, or if you spot a good sale.
We have a lot of great events coming up! October is not only the month of Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday, it is a busy month in scouting!
- October 7th – Online magazine order summaries automatically sent to parents. Please email these to Kirby.
- October 10th – Girl Scout Service Unit meeting at 6:30pm, Woodstock Church of Christ. Please attend if you can to help promote Tea & Tiaras
- October 12th – Troop meeting: Final planning for trip on October 14th, bring all tea sets, tablecloths, etc to create table centerpieces for Tea & Tiaras event. We will also practice songs & games!
- October 14th – 16th – Trip to Florida. Please turn in all permission forms to Lee. Email her with questions.
- October 28th – We are hosting a halloween activity table at the Kroger. Email Kirby for details. Candy & Nuts should be in.
- October 29th – STEM expo. Email Lee for details.
- October 31st – Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday!
Our next troop meeting is on September 28th. Troop President Jasmine will be sending out an agenda next week before the meeting, but here are several things we expect to do:
- Planning for November Tea & Tiaras event
- Planning for October trip (food? what to pack? service project?)
- Journey Activity (Gabi & Journey committee)
- Anyone have fall product sale forms to turn in?
Our troop website has been updated with the Fall Product sale info, including two cool interactive sites the girls can visit: https://gstroop2776.wordpress.com/cookies/
During our first meeting, the girls brainstormed different things they would like to do this year – trips, activities, service projects, events – and we had a good list to jumpstart planning for the year. At our next troop meeting we will induct our executive board (see our troop government page) and assign girls to research activities and interests for the year.
Girls and parents or family members can register online this year at http://www.gsgatl.org. We urge all parents to consider registering as volunteers to help mentor activities and support our troop. They can also be back-up first aiders. We are also looking for a parent to register as “cookie mentor” this year, as the girls will be handling most of the fund-raising themselves with guidance.
Our first troop meeting will be Wednesday, August 10th. Please contact myself or Kirby for location details. We have a lot of events on the calendar already and will have info for parents and girls on this year’s program.
We have been invited to go tubing with troop 7843 and other tween/teens August 13th. Please email or call for more details! We need to know as soon as possible if you can attend.
Posted in Activities