What can I do to help?

There are many things you can do whether or not you have a daughter who is a Girl Scout. We encourage parents to participate and support our Girl Scout troop. Don’t forget to donate to the Girl Scout Annual fund. Your donation is tax deductible. Details about the Annual fund can be found at the Council site. You can donate securely online and specify your daughter’s troop number (our troop number is 2776).

Volunteer Opportunities Include:

  • Co-leader – Lead girls in troop and council activities. Become a registered Adult Girl Scout, attend council training.
  • Troop Treasurer – Track and maintain troop funds. Must fill out a council volunteer application and become a registered Girl Scout, attend free council training.
  • Field Trip Parent – use badges, community activities, and awareness of council and school calendars to plan field trips for troop.
  • Troop Activity guest – share your hobby, skill or career
  • Field Trip Chaperone
  • Girl Scout writer – Assist troop in writing newsletters, sending announcements to service unit, council, and newspapers, forms, preparing paperwork
  • First Aid Volunteer -All Girl Scout Outings and events require a person certified in First Aid.
  • Event Photographer/Scrapbooker
  • Troop Cookie Manager – Attend service unit cookie training, coordinate delivery and storage of cookies, complete sale reports
  • Day Camp Assistant – Our council has 5 camping facilities. Program Assistants, first-aiders, and helpers are always needed.